Welcome to Pitt! As a new employee to the University or a current employee new to benefits, this page will help you understand the benefits enrollment process, including step-by-step instructions, summary guides, and videos overviewing the types of benefits available to you.
Vendors for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance options are described below, but more information can be found on the Health and Wellness Benefits page. Additionally, benefits summary guides for full- and part-time staff, retirees, and students can be found on the Benefits homepage.
Medical benefit plans are offered by UPMC Health Plan, including a health maintenance organization (HMO) plan and three preferred provider organization (PPO) plans, to meet your specific health care needs. These medical plan options provide flexibility and a range of comprehensive benefits to you, including wellness and preventative care, and the Prescription Drug Program.
Dental benefit plans are offered by United Concordia Dental (UCCI), including a dental health maintenance organization (DHMO) plan and a traditional indemnity program with two flex plans. These dental plan options provide access to a broad network of dentists, as well as full coverage of preventative services and access to University Dental Health Services on campus. Students without private dental health coverage may purchase University-sponsored coverage through United Concordia. University-related providers are located on campus in Salk Hall.
Vision benefit plans are offered through Davis Vision, one of the nation’s largest vision care providers, including comprehensive eye examinations and an allowance for frames or contact lenses. The University offers two vision plans with flexible options to meet your needs. Members can use the Davis Vision network online to find a list of participating providers and services, as well as access additional resources.
Supplementary resources, including health and wellness, financial, and occupational services, are offered to faculty and staff online and on campus. These services assist Pitt employees in achieving a better work-life balance, learning how to manage stress, and gaining more financial clarity for their future. All programs, resources, and services can be found on the Work-Life Balance homepage.
The UPMC MyHealth@Work Center is an onsite Health and Wellness Center that treats a variety of health issues and common conditions, as well as provide wellness and preventative screenings, at no cost to Pitt faculty and staff, regardless of insurance coverage.
The Wellness for Life program is also available to Pitt employees who would like to focus on proactive healthcare management. Services are offered to promote positive lifestyle activities and choices, including the Dimensions of Wellness, health coaching, and the annual wellness incentives program.
Life Solutions, the University’s Faculty & Staff Assistance Program, provides a wide range of services to Pitt employees with a UPMC Health Plan and their family/household members, including personalized counseling and coaching services, 24-hour support, online webinars and tools, Disability and Family Medical Leave Outreach, and more. Care services and resources are offered online, over the phone, and in person.
TIAA is available for one-on-one appointments with licensed financial counselors for faculty, staff, and retirees who would like to discuss investment strategies, IRA options and mutual funds, retirement income plans, and more. Monthly live webinars are also offered for faculty and staff to learn more about saving, investing, and preparing for retirement. Services and consultations are offered online, over the phone, and in-person at your workplace or at a TIAA office near you.
Enroll in Your Benefits Today
Please follow the step-by-step instructions on the benefits enrollment process below:
- Log in to my.pitt.edu using your University username and password
- Search for "PRISM TRKS"
- Under the "Main Menu" expand the "PHR Employee Self-Service" folder
- Select "Benefits"
- This will give you access into the enrollment portal. The first page you will see is the "Dependents" screen. This will list any one you have added to your contact list at the University of Pittsburgh.
- Review the individuals listed in your University contact list.
- If an individual needs to be added, use the "Add Another Person" button to update your list
- If you are adding a dependent already on record at the University of Pittsburgh, you will need to contact the Benefit Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 412-624-8160 for assistance
- Select the "Next" button in the top, right-hand side corner
- If you are transferring from All-Temps, you will be taken to a subpage, Select the "Active Program" radio button
- Select the “Update Benefits" button and complete the enrollment form in accordance with the elections you wish to have.
- Once finished, select the “Submit_Procceed” button
- This will take you into the enrollment confirmation screen. If you are satisfied with the elections, print a copy of the page for your records. If there are any changes, you wish to make, elect the “Update Benefits” button in the top right corner.
Review screenshot instructions to enroll through PRISM Self-Service.
Those individuals classified as full- and part-time post-doctoral scholars and part-time non-tenure stream faculty, librarians, or research associates, and do not have PRISM access, should complete a paper enrollment form.
For more information and resources regarding benefits and enrollment, please contact the Benefits Department.
Need help understanding terminology you see throughout these pages? Visit the glossary of terms for a list of commonly used terms and definitions, as well as the frequently asked questions for answers regarding benefits and insurance, retirement savings, and more.