PittPerks now offers legal services through MetLife as a voluntary benefit. MetLife Legal Services connects you to a national network of over 17,000 pre-qualified attorneys to choose from whenever you need them for a low rate of $17.00 per month, no matter how many times you may need their services.
The MetLife Legal Services benefit provides you legal help when you need it. The plan offers unlimited access to a network of attorneys that have an average of 25+ years of experience that can provide legal advice and representation on a wide range of legal matters, including, but not limited to:
- Estate Planning Documents
- Financial Matters
- Real Estate Matters
- Identity Theft Defense
- Family Law
- Traffic Offenses
- Personal Property Protection
- Immigration Assistance
- Defense of Civil Lawsuits
- Document Preparation & Review
- Consumer Protection
- Elder Law Matters
- Juvenile Court Proceedings
Accessing PittPerks and Enrolling in the Benefit
Eligible employees must enroll during the annual Open Enrollment period on the PittPerks website. New hires will be able to enroll outside of the Open Enrollment period.
If you decide to enroll in the MetLife Legal Plan, you will maintain the benefit through the plan year of July 1 - June 30. The benefit will automatically renew in the following plan year unless coverage is canceled during the next Open Enrollment period.
The cost of the plan ($17.00 per month) will be paid through payroll deductions--similar to other PittPerks voluntary benefits.
The benefit cannot be enrolled in through regular benefits enrollment in PRISM or by submitting an enrollment form. To access PittPerks and enroll in the benefit:
- Visit https://universityofpittsburgh.corestream.com
- Select the "Access my Benefits" button or the "Log In" link on the page and log in via Pitt Passport
- Find "MetLife Legal Services" either in the Benefits Spotlight on the home page or use the search bar to search for the benefit
- Follow the enrollment instructions