As summer turns to fall and a new academic term begins, it can be easy to get bogged down in the complexity of work, family, and personal life.
Faculty and staff, whether with coverage from UPMC Health Plan or another health plan, can take advantage of a variety of wellness programming, services, and other opportunities to enhance your overall health, wellness, and lifestyle.
Understand your health status by taking the UPMC MyHealth Questionnaire
The MyHealth Questionnaire is a confidential risk assessment that University employees, and their covered spouses/domestic partners, with UPMC Health Plan coverage can take once each plan year. The survey, which can be finished in about 20 minutes, provides results to help you understand your health status as well as provides a customized roadmap to better health.
Each questionnaire that is completed by September 30, 2021 earns you $50 in your Health Incentive Account (HIA). Plus, if you are a new employee or if you have never completed the questionnaire before, you can earn an extra $15 in HIA dollars—for a total of $75 if completed by September 30.
Taking the survey after September 30? No problem. The survey is available to take throughout the entire plan year. Surveys completed after September 30, 2021 earn you $25 in HIA dollars.
To take the MyHealth Questionnaire, visit this link (in the MyHealth Online portal via Pitt Passport).
Working on the Pittsburgh campus? Receive in-person care at the UPMC MyHealth@Work Center
Available to all University faculty and staff regardless of insurance coverage, the UPMC MyHealth@Work Center can help treat a variety of ailments and conditions, facilitate injections, provide wellness and preventative screenings, and offers health coaching.
The UPMC MyHealth@Work Center operates by appointment only; walk-ins are not accepted. Appointments with the Center can be made using the online scheduling form or by calling 412-647-4949.
Please note: If you believe you have symptoms indicative of COVID-19, or if you believe you have had close contact with someone that has COVID-19, please call the Center at 412-647-4949 prior to booking an appointment or coming to the clinic.
Working remotely? Schedule a virtual care visit through UPMC AnywhereCare
Virtual care visits through UPMC AnywhereCare for sick or acute visits and for health coaching are available at no cost to faculty and staff. Virtual care visits are conducted Mondays through Fridays from 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Visits take place over live video with UPMC providers at the My Health@Work Center.
Have an urgent health need? Urgent virtual care visits are also available through UPMC AnywhereCare at a low cost for faculty and staff with UPMC Health Plan coverage. Urgent virtual care visits are available 24/7 and can help treat a number of symptoms and illnesses.
Learn more about UPMC AnywhereCare, regular virtual visits, and urgent virtual visits online.
Make lifestyle choices that last with one-on-one health coaching through UPMC Health Plan
One-on-one health coaching services offer lifestyle support and allow you to customize your goals. When you partner with a health coach you can learn how to manage your weight, get active, eat healthier, reduce stress, quit smoking, and more.
Health coaching is available free of charge for faculty and staff with UPMC Health Plan coverage and is offered on-site, over the phone, and online.
Interested in health coaching for your entire department? Pitt also offers onsite health coaching that allows your faculty and staff to recharge and learn healthy tips that can be used at work or at home. A health coach can provide health and wellness services to your team or department, many of which can be done during breaks throughout the workday. The techniques and tips your faculty and staff learn can be transferred to life outside of the office for even more benefits.
Whether on-campus or working remotely, find wellness offerings to suit your needs.
- Care.com offers a network of providers and options to assist with needs such as after-school care, caring for a child who is home sick, caring for children while you are working from home, caring for aging parents and more. Learn more about this benefit.
- The Boys and Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania has provided open spots for children aged 3-5 of University faculty, staff, and graduate students to enroll at two of their Pittsburgh clubhouses.
Physical and mental wellness:
- Walk Where You Are Club: Each Wednesday from 2 to 2:30 p.m., join UPMC for their virtual Walk Where You Are Club. Participants can connect via Microsoft Teams (or call in by dialing 412-447-5295 and entering conference ID 692 921 600#) for a brief 10-15 minute walk from the comfort of their own space. During the chat, a UPMC health coach leads discussions on topics such as physical activity, nutrition, stress management, weight management, and more.
- Active&Fit Direct Program: With the Active&Fit Direct program, UPMC Health Plan participants have access to a wide range of fitness centers and on-demand fitness videos for just $25 per month.
- Comprehensive Medication Management Program: Offered at no cost to all full- and part-time regular University faculty and staff with UPMC Health Plan coverage, the Comprehensive Medication Management provides consultations for those with questions about medications, pre-travel health consultations, assistance with smoking cessation, and diabetes prevention services. Learn more about the benefit.
- LinkedIn Learning: Want to learn a new skill? LinkedIn Learning offers thousands of courses on a variety of business, technology, and creative topics.
- Employee Education Benefits: Considering going back to school? Check out the education benefits offered by the University.
- Life Solutions is the University’s faculty and staff assistance program that provides a broad range of services such as elder and child care, legal and financial matters, workplace concerns, lifestyle changes, and more.
- Life Solutions also hosts webinars on varying topics each month—from topics such as caring for others to workplace matters. Check out all of the upcoming webinars and other events.
Serving the community:
- Interested in volunteering? PittServes provides a variety of volunteer opportunities for faculty and staff. Check out the available opportunities.