Enrolling in student medical, dental, and vision coverage is simple. Enrollment in coverage is handled through an online service provided by eBenefits, a division of UPMC Health Plan.
For information about your eligibility for enrolling in specific student health plans, visit Student Health Coverage Eligibility. For information on making changes to your benefits elections, visit Changing Your Student Health Insurance.
How to Enroll
- Go to my.pitt.edu.
- Enter your Pitt username and password.
- Select the "My Resources" tab.
- Select "Student Health Insurance" from the drop-down menu.
- Select "Student Health Insurance" on the "My Pitt" page and continue through the online enrollment and payment process.
- Payment can be made on a monthly, recurring basis via a credit or debit card or through a checking or savings account.
Graduate students who hold an academic appointment (GSA, GSR, TA, or TF) should select the $0.00 payment option for medical coverage.
If this payment option is not available, you should contact your academic department before proceeding with enrolling.
International students are required to attest to having other United States-based medical insurance coverage or enroll in a University-sponsored program.
To attest to other coverage, an Acknowledgement or Insurance Coverage must be submitted. You will need the insurance company's name, address, and telephone number; the policy or group number; the effective date of coverage; and confirmation that the insurance meets the minimum coverage requirement.
International students must submit their attestation no later than September 30. If attestations are not submitted by September 30, a hold will be placed on your account.