As a Pitt employee, your physical and mental health is our priority.
Along with our comprehensive and affordable medical benefits plans,we offer a variety of programs to help you get in shape, quit smoking, seek assistance for stress management and obtain healthy foods along with meeting other health and wellness needs.
- University Medical Plans
- My Health Online is a free interactive resource provided by UPMC in which members can refill prescriptions, participate in wellness programs, research medical conditions, search discounts and cost comparisons and request replacement membership cards.
- UPMC HealthTrak allows you to maintain a calendar of doctors' appointments, schedule follow-up visits, receive and review test results, ask billing questions and communicate directly with your doctor.
- Consumer Health Information is provided by the University's Health Sciences Library System, and it allows users to conduct research on drugs, diseases, conditions and surgeries.
- Center for Health Equity is a resource provided by the University's Graduate School of Public Health.
- Life Solutions provides a broad range of services to faculty, staff and their families to balance the stresses of work and daily life at no cost.
- Fitness for Life encompasses a variety of health & wellness initiatives and incentives for faculty and staff, encouraging proactive healthcare management including Weight Watchers on-campus meetings.
- University Wellness Program is sponsored by the School of Education, providing physical fitness assessments, personalized exercise plans, body fat analysis, nutritional counseling and a number of other tools to aid you on the road to wellness.
- Smoking Cessation assistance is available to University faculty and staff who are ready to kick the habit. We can provide help with counseling and medication.
- Bellefield & Trees Fitness Centers are open for use by faculty and staff through the Pitt Intramurals program.
- Farms to Pitt is a program that delivers fresh local produce, meat, eggs and dairy products on a weekly or biweekly basis directly to campus for pickup by users.
Pitt welcomes and respects individual differences, valuing a diverse workforce as a competitive strength.
Pitt's benefits offerings are among the region's best, including a medical plan with no deductibles, tuition remission, life insurance, optional dental and vision coverage, a contributory retirement plan, and more.