Accessing Your Benefit Elections in PRISM
- Access the University Portal through my.pitt.edu.
- Enter your University username and password.
- Select PRISM Login, located to the right of your screen.
- Select PHR Employee Self Service from the Main Menu.
- Select Benefits from the drop down menu.
- The Current Benefits Tab will open; this will show the benefits you’re currently enrolled in;
- To review past benefits, use the dropdown box on the top of the page
Request of Benefits Verification Letter
Request for Benefits Verification Letter must be submitted in writing the Benefits Department at the University of Pittsburgh. Please use the Benefits Contact Page to send your request; be sure to include who the target audience of the request is. A Benefits Representative will provide you a copy of the letter, via email, within two business days. If you wish to pick up the letter in person or receive it via postal mail, please specify in your request.
Benefits through the University of Pittsburgh continue until the last day of the month in which the individual works. Please note, the last day of coverage for employees with less than annual payroll assignments (i.e. 09/09 or 04/04 pay types) may vary based on spring term double deductions. These individuals can use the to verify their last day of coverage.
If the individual’s final paycheck does not have sufficient funds to collect benefit premiums, a missed deductions invoice will be issued. Failure to make payment in full will jeopardize your benefit coverage with the University.
Continuation of Coverage
At the time of coverage termination, individuals will be extended the option to enroll in COBRA coverage unless they are an official retiree of the University of Pittsburgh. Individuals who obtain retiree status are extended retiree benefits. Learn more about retiree benefits.