All information presented on this page, including links to plan documents and descriptions, is specific to the plan year of July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023.
A flexible spending account program provides an opportunity to reduce your Federal and Social Security taxable income by funding an account or accounts on a pretax basis. You may obtain reimbursement by submitting documentation of qualified out-of-pocket expenses relating to your account(s).
Follow these instructions to submit a claim for reimbursement. Do not discard your Flexible Spending Visa card at the end of the plan year. Cards are not reprinted annually.
Flexible Spending Account Types
- Health Care
- Dependent Care
- Qualified Commuter Expense
- Parking or Mass Transit
Flexible spending accounts are intended to be used for predictable expenses only. Please review the plan details of each flexible spending account prior to enrolling, to determine if a flexible spending account is right for you. You may learn more about the flexible spending accounts in greater detail, including eligible expenses, claim submission deadlines, and claim submission procedures, by calling UPMC Health Plan at 1-888-499-6885.
Note: Going on an unpaid leave terminates your eligibility for any Flexible Spending Account (FSA) program as the deductions must be taken from your paycheck pre-tax. All FSAs will be waived in accordance with the start of your leave. You may re-enroll during the next open enrollment period following your return from an unpaid leave.
- Flexible Spending Accounts Summary (July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023)
- Flexible Spending Accounts Member Guide
- Learn more about FSA, HIA, and Wellness for Life
Accessing Your Health Savings and Spending Accounts via MyHealth Online
UPMC's MyHealth Online provides additional resources. For quick access to your personal information on the UPMC Health Plan secure member portal:
- Log in to MyHealth Online (via Pitt Passport)
- Select the hamburger icon/button on the top left corner
- Select Your Insurance, then select Health Savings and Spending Accounts
- Or, from the home page of MyHealth Online, select Health Savings and Spending Accounts from the Your Insurance section.
If you are not able to access your accounts through the My.Pitt Portal, please access using the following instructions:
- Go to www.upmchealthplan.com/members.
- Log in or register for a MyHealth OnLine account.
If you need to register for an account, click on "Register for MyHealth OnLine". Accept the terms, enter the requested information, and follow the account setup instructions.
If you are not enrolled in a Pitt medical plan, please contact UPMC Member Services at 888-499-6885 in order to get your member ID to complete registration.
Accessing the UPMC Consumer Advantage Portal
- After logging in to MyHealth Online, navigate to Health Savings and Spending Accounts from the Your Insurance section. This page indicates the balance and most recent transactions for all active spending accounts.
- Select Visit UPMC Consumer Advantage Portal to view detailed account activity, submit claims/receipts, etc. for each of your accounts.
- If you have not accessed the UPMC Consumer Advantage Portal previously, you may be asked to select and submit certain account information or security questions before accessing your information.