The University of Pittsburgh is collaborating with TIAA and non-profit organization GreenPath to provide eligible University employees with finance and debt management coaching services.
- Full- and part-time (at 50% effort or greater in the tenure stream) regular faculty
- Full-time regular postdoctoral associates
- Full-time regular postdoctoral scholars
- Full- and part-time regular research associates
- Full- and part-time regular staff
What GreenPath Can Offer You
With GreenPath's assistance, eligible employees can receive:
- Confidential one-on-one finance and debt coaching that considers your full financial picture
- Unbiased review of financial situations, goals, and underlying causes
- Personalized plans to take action
- Reduced interest rates on credit cards to enable you to pay off debt faster1
Eligible employees can take advantage of confidential and unlimited access to services such as:
- Budget/debt counseling
- Rental delinquency counseling
- Mortgage default/delinquency counseling
- Credit report review
(Need student loan assistance? Learn more about the University's partnership with TIAA and Savi for assistance with navigating repayment plans and federal student loan programs.)
Get Started with GreenPath
The first step to building lifelong financial confidence is with a telephonic coaching session. All telephonic coaching sessions are offered at no cost to eligible University employees.
- Call: 877-655-2340
- Monday through Thursday, 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. ET
- Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. ET
- Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. ET
- English and Spanish language coaches are available.
You can also visit www.tiaa.org/debtcoaching/pitt for more information or check out this recording from a webinar describing GreenPath and their available services.
Tools and Services through GreenPath
Telephonic coaching sessions are offered at no cost to eligible University employees. Coaching sessions are confidential and provide unlimited access to all counseling services, such as budget/debt counseling, rental delinquency counseling, mortgage default/delinquency counseling, credit report review, and more.
In your first coaching session, a coach will work with you to build a budget. It is helpful to have an idea of your income and expenses (including any recent billing statements) for this session. The first session typically takes about an hour. However, the actual length depends on your unique situation and what you need to accomplish your goals.
A Debt Management Plan is designed to help you pay off the entire amount you owe, usually within three to five years1. If it makes sense for your situation, GreenPath will contact your creditors to propose mutually agreeable debt repayment terms. A Debt Management Plan may help you pay off credit card debit faster, and save money on interest charges.
The plan may help:
- Stop collection calls
- Lower interest rates
- Lower monthly payments
- Waive late fees and over-limit fees
The Debt Management Plan consolidates your debt into a single payment. Each payday, you automatically deposit money into your GreenPath account, and GreenPath uses that money to pay on your behalf. GreenPath may be able to arrange lower interest rates and monthly payments with your creditors so that you can pay off debt faster and save money.
Individuals will pay a monthly fee to GreenPath if they choose to enroll in a Debt Management Plan. Individual results for the program may vary.
1 Individual customers will pay a monthly fee to GreenPath if they choose to enroll in a Debt Management Plan. Individual results may vary. Individual creditor minimum payments and interest rates vary and are subject to change. Repayment typically includes set-up fee and monthly Debt Management Plan service fee which varies by state law.