The University of Pittsburgh provides coverage for employees and students during both personal and University-related travel. The Office of Human Resources hosted a presentation on international travel benefits. Watch the recording, which includes presentation slides.
Persons covered by a University of Pittsburgh medical plan are covered for urgent medical care and emergency services when traveling outside of the UPMC Health Plan service area. You remain responsible for your portion of the insurance premium while you and your dependents are out of the UPMC Health Plan service area.
For any University member traveling on an academic or work-related assignment, a travel and security assistance protection plan is offered through International SOS. International SOS is the world’s leading medical and travel security risks services company. In an emergency – or for routine advice - the International SOS team of 11,000 professionals, as well as their global network of nearly 60,000 vetted providers are available to serve the University.
Benefits of the program include:
- Medical or security evacuation if warranted
- Travel assistance for lost luggage or passports
- Emergency medical assistance ranging from lost prescription medication to helping find the best local medical facility
- An accidental death and dismemberment policy through Cigna
- Coverage for spouses and dependent children who may accompany the faculty or staff member on a trip
The service also includes the International SOS Membership App. Benefits include:
- Travelers can quick dial for immediate help from an International SOS alarm center, whether or it is for an emergency or just for advice 24/7/365
- The app can provide medical and security alerts for each user’s locations. You will be kept aware of changing situations and can adjust plans accordingly
Additional details on International SOS can be found on the PittGlobal website.
Emergencies and Assistance
Under all plans, medical emergency situations are covered worldwide. In emergency situations:
- Seek care immediately from the nearest emergency facility
- If you are close to home, notify your PCP (if applicable) or contact UPMC Health Plan University of Pittsburgh Member Services at 1-888-499-6885 within 24 to 48 hours
- If you are away from home, contact the dedicated University of Pittsburgh Member Services line at UPMC at 1-888-499-6885 within 24 to 48 hours
- If admitted to an out-of-network facility, please contact the dedicated University of Pittsburgh Member Services line at UPMC at 1-888-499-6885
- Have claims processed through UPMC Health Plan before making payment to providers outside the network
Through UPMC Health Insurance, University travelers are automatically eligible for Assist America services. Assist America services include emergency medical services such as help with hospital admissions, referrals to qualified physicians, and emergency medical evacuation. In addition, it also provides assistance with trip preparation such as advisement on required immunizations and location of medical facilities at your destination. You can search for information at assistamerica.com before or during your trip for help.
If you are traveling to an area where there are health concerns, you should contact Assist America at 1-800-872-1414 prior to your departure.
Frequently Asked Questions
For those with UPMC Health Plan coverage who travel outside of UPMC's service area and for dependents up to age 26, please refer to the following list of frequently asked questions to understand how to access care and to find a variety of ways to contact UPMC and Assist America.
Importance of Registering Your Travel
When you register your travel through the University’s travel registry, you will automatically be enrolled for the International SOS coverage. To register:
- Log on to my.pitt.edu
- Select the Tab – My Resources
- Scroll down and click on Travel Registry
- In the upper right hand corner of the page, click on Register Your Trip Now
- Complete the short questionnaire
International SOS provides brief videos that offers more information for employees on their website.
International SOS will send travel alerts to your cell phone and provide the Membership App for your journey after registration is complete through the travel registry. Students and Staff members are required to complete the travel registry information prior to any international travel. The University strongly recommends the use of the travel registry for faculty, though it is not required.
To otherwise contact International SOS: