Short-Term Disability (STD) insurance specifically addresses absences from work due to one's own health related reasons.
- If you have a qualifying medical condition, this insurance provides a partial replacement of your income and works in conjunction with the University Policy for Accrued Sick Time, Medical Leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- In general, the STD plan provides an income replacement of 60% of one's weekly salary up to a maximum of $1,500 per week. This income replacement benefit is provided after satisfying a 30 day elimination period, up to the 26th week of the disability.
Important Information Regarding the STD Plan:
- Own Serious Health Condition Guide
- Maternity Leave Guide
Employee Checklist for Medical Leaves (University log-in required)
- For Departmental Use:
- Employee Actions (submitting changes to the employee record) (University log-in required)
- Department Checklist for Medical Leaves (University log-in required)
Please visit the FAQ page for more information about Short-Term Disability.