As the University's winter recess approaches, provided is a list of University designated holidays and recess days, time card deadlines, and additional information about how staff should complete their time cards during this period. As a reminder, the University's winter recess takes place from Monday, December 20, 2021 through Monday, January 3, 2022.
- University Designated Holidays and Recess Days for Winter Recess
- Time Card Deadlines During Winter Recess
- How to Complete Time Cards During Winter Recess
University Designated Holidays and Recess Days for Winter Recess
Time Card Deadlines During Winter Recess
- Week of December 12 - December 18: time cards must be submitted and approved by Noon on Monday, December 20
- Week of December 19 - December 25: time cards must be submitted and approved by Noon on Thursday, December 23
- Week of December 26 - January 1: time cards must be submitted and approved by Noon on Friday, December 31
- Week of January 2 - January 8: time cards must be submitted and approved by Noon on Monday, January 10
Non-Exempt (Biweekly Pay) Non-Represented Staff
- For Recess days:
- If you did not work on a University-designated Recess day, you must manually enter the Hours Type "Recess" on your time card.
- If you did work on a University-designated Recess day, there are certain Hours Types that must be used to accurately record the time. Please follow the Recess Scenario Guide to learn how to submit your time card correctly.
- For University-designated Holidays:
- If you did not work on University-designated Holiday, you must manually enter the Hours Type "Holiday" on your time card.
- If you did work on a University-designated Holiday, there are certain Hours Types that must be used to accurately record the time. Please follow the Holiday Scenario Guide to learn how to submit your time card correctly.
The following is an example of how the time card should be completed in Pitt Worx for non-exempt (biweekly pay) non-represented staff that did not work during the Winter Recess.
|Hours Type||Sun., Dec. 19||Mon., Dec. 20||Tues., Dec. 21||Wed., Dec. 22||Thurs., Dec. 23||Fri., Dec. 24||Sat., Dec. 25|
|Hours Type||Sun., Dec. 26||Mon., Dec. 27||Tues., Dec. 28||Wed., Dec. 29||Thurs., Dec. 30||Fri., Dec. 31||Sat., Jan. 1|
|Hours Type||Sun., Jan. 2||Mon., Jan. 3||Tues., Jan. 4||Wed., Jan. 5||Thurs., Jan. 6||Fri., Jan. 7||Sat., Jan. 8|
Help with Submitting Time Cards
- If you are submitting a time card for the current work week/pay period (that is, the same work week as the day/week that you are accessing Pitt Worx), please refer to this guide.
- If you are submitting a time card for any work week that is not the current week/pay period that you are accessing Pitt Worx, please refer to this guide.
Exempt (Monthly Pay) Staff
Exempt (monthly pay) employees are only required to submit exception time cards for time off. Hours worked do not need to be reported, and a weekly time card is not required, except for those weeks when exception time off is taken. University holiday and recess time is not considered exception time off and does not need to be reported. Exempt employees that did not work or that do not need to report exception time off during the Winter Recess do not need to submit a time card. Learn more about exception time cards for exempt employees.
Temporary Employees and Temporary Represented Employees
Temporary employees that meet certain eligibility criteria will be paid special recognition time for their regular/typical schedule for Dec. 20 through Dec. 22:
- Hired at the University on or before Sept. 13, 2021 and is on assignment as of Dec. 11, 2021.
- Worked on average at least 18.75 hours per week during the period of Sept. 13, 2021 through Dec. 11, 2021.
Eligibility is determined by the Office of Human Resources based on the hours recorded on the temporary employee's time card for Sept. 13 through Dec. 11. The amount of special recognition hours each eligible temporary employee will receive will be based on the average number of hours paid on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays. Payments will be based on the employee's primary hourly rate and will be included in the Dec. 31, 2021 pay.
Temporary employees that are eligible to receive payment for Dec. 20 through Dec. 22 should not enter time on their time card unless they were required to work on those days. For any days during the Winter Recess that temporary employees are required to work, they should enter time on their time card in Pitt Worx as usual using the Hours Type "Hours Worked."
Note: Temporary staff employees are not paid for University holidays, regardless of length of assignment. If a temporary staff employee is required to work on a University-designated holiday, they will only receive regular pay.
Full- and Part-Time Regular Represented Employees
Full- and part-time regular represented employees will be provided Approved Absence days for Dec. 20 through Dec. 23, according to their regular/typical schedule. If a represented staff member is required to work on an Approved Absence day, they will be provided with another Approved Absence to be used by June 30, 2022. Represented staff should work with their supervisors should they have any questions regarding these Approved Absence days.
Temporary represented employees are not eligible for Approved Absence days; these employees should follow guidelines provided in the section for "Temporary Employees and Temporary Represented Employees."
For questions about time cards, timekeeping during the Winter Recess, and time card deadlines, please submit an online inquiry (select Timecards from the Service Area dropdown and then select Timecards from the I Need Help With... dropdown).