OHR Hours and Contact Information
As the University welcomes employees, students, and visitors back to campus this fall, the Office of Human Resources offers the following details regarding on-site support in Craig Hall for the University community.
For general HR-related matters, please submit inquiries via the Contact OHR form or by phone at 412-624-7000. For benefits-related matters, please use the Contact OHR form or call 833-852-2210. The building will be swipe-access only; unscheduled walk-ins will not be accepted.
Departments will manage and respond to all HR-related inquiries, including but not limited to:
HR Shared Services
- Clearances and trainings
- Time off (issues with submission, approving time off requests, availability of paid days off)
- Payroll inquiries (direct deposit issues, late pay, inaccurate hours)
- Time card issues (late submission, missed submission, inaccurate recording)
- Campus compliance requirements (vaccine protocol, necessary paperwork completed properly)
- Inquiries about specific HR requirements (hiring process paperwork, clearances, tax information)
- Medical and other insurance plan enrollment and inquiries
- Retirement Savings Plans (Defined Contribution Plan, University matching contribution, available plans, eligibility inquires, enrollment guidelines)
- Leaves of absence (medical leave, bereavement, military leave, release time, leave guides)
- Faculty & Staff Assistance Program inquiries (counseling, disability and family medical leave outreach, 24/7 crisis contact information, how to access online work-life resources)
- Time keeping (exempt/non-exempt staff, compensatory and overtime, time cards in Pitt Worx)
- Wage and salary administration
Note: All compensation-related matters are handled virtually, unless an individual requests an in-person meeting.
Employee & Labor Relations
- Collective bargaining agreement inquires/issues, specific agreement/specifications of unions
- Filing staff grievances (how to process and submit a grievance, protocol on how to handle specific situations/issues)
- Disciplinary or performance concerns
- Faculty & Staff Development Program (how to sign up, what they offer, program qualifications)
- Customized services and result-based solutions to assist University departments, teams, and organizations achieve success
Talent Acquisition/All-Temps/Student Employment
- Resources (recruiting, hiring, and onboarding) for hiring managers
- Student employment
- Sourcing new hires/job postings
Updated COVID-19 Guidance for the Pitt Community
As of Monday, Aug. 9, 2021, the Standards and Guidelines that are in place to keep our community as safe and healthy as possible will be revised and simplified. Please carefully read the revisions. They apply to all University members — including students, faculty and staff on all campuses — when on University property. Review the revised Standards and Guidelines on the OHR website.
Returning to Campus for the Fall Term
In-person operations are expected to complete transition by the end of August in anticipation of student arrival. Review David N. DeJong’s message to the University on preparation for the fall term.
On-Campus Health and Safety Practices
All University members, including all visitors, must comply with health and safety practices while on campus.
- Indoors: Regardless of vaccination status, face coverings are required indoors, unless you are in an enclosed private office or workspace.
- Outdoors: Individuals who are not fully vaccinated should wear face coverings when outdoors and unable to maintain physical distancing. Additionally, anyone is welcome to wear a face covering outdoors based on their own comfort level.
Regular hand hygiene is a key element of reducing the spread of illness and protecting yourself and others. Hand sanitizing stations are located around campus for the University community. Additionally, it is encouraged that you wash your hands thoroughly and often, as well as clean high-touch areas in your workspace frequently.
Please stay informed of any and all possible changes to University requirements by visiting coronavirus.pitt.edu.