Health care that works for you
- not feeling well?
- don't want to be away from work?
- desire to become or stay healthy?
The UPMC MyHealth@Work for the University of Pittsburgh is an onsite Health and Wellness Center that treats a variety of health issues. Health care professionals at the Center can help you get back to feeling your best.
For emergency situations call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.
- Exclusively for University of Pittsburgh faculty and staff classified in a full-time or part-time regular status, regardless of insurance coverage
- Offered at no cost. You will not have a co-payment or co-insurance when you go to MyHealth@Work.
- Does not require an appointment. You may walk in during regular business hours.
- Staffed by a group of highly trained UPMC providers, including a certified registered nurse practitioner, registered nurse, and medical assistant with oversight from a practicing physician.
- Conveniently located in the Medical Arts Building-- just a short walk from most buildings on campus. The Center is situated in 2,000 square feet of completely renovated space.
- Parking for the Center is available at a cost both on the street and within the Medical Arts Building.
Watch this video for a brief tour of the Center!
Some of the conditions that UPMC MyHealth@Work can help with include*:
|Upper Respiratory Infections|
|Acute Bronchitis||Coughs & Colds||Influenza (flu)|
|Dermatitis||Impetigo||Insect Bites & Stings||Minor Cuts||Poison Ivy|
|Rashes||Sunburns||Superficial, limited skin infections||Suture removal|
|Other Common Conditions|
|Headaches||Nausea & Vomiting||Pink Eye||Sprains & Strains||Urinary Tract Infections|
Injections (patient must bring medication)
|Wellness and Preventative Screening|
|Blood Pressure||BMI||Height/Weight||Rx for Wellness: Health Coaching|
*You may be referred to a primary care provider or a specialist for additional need, or when circumstances prevent the clinic from providing care.
The UPMC MyHealth@Work Center for the University of Pittsburgh is NOT equipped to handle life threatening emergencies such as chest pain, shortness of breath, heart attack, stroke, or severe trauma or injury. If you are experiencing these types of issues, please call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.
If you're not feeling well, you can walk to the Center, have an examination, and obtain a prescription, if needed. You do not need an appointment to go to UPMC MyHealth@Work.
The Center is conveniently located at Suite 505 on the 5th floor of the Medical Arts Building, in the heart of the Oakland campus. It is open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
The Center is staffed by UPMC health care professionals. Only you, the appropriate health care professionals at UPMC MyHealth@Work, and your doctor know what services you received.
With your doctor...
UPMC MyHealth@Work health care professionals can support the treatment you already have in place with your doctor. This might include consultations, educational materials, and/or referrals to other health services. In addition, any care you receive at UPMC MyHealth@Work is electronically shared with your doctor so that you can follow up with him or her as needed. The Center is not meant to serve as a replacement for your primary care physician. Additionally, the Center does not provide a medical release from work. If you need to miss work for medical reasons, you will need to contact your primary care physician for an authorization.
With your pharmacy...
If medications are recommended as part of your UPMC MyHealth@Work visit, they can be electronically prescribed to your preferred pharmacy. Note that medications are not dispensed at the Center.
MyHealth@Work, in collaboration with the University, is developing an array of services to support wellness. Areas of focus will include pharmacy, nutrition, and physical activity.
UPMC MyHealth@Work is committed to helping people live healthier lives through a focus on total health management. There is NO COST to you for these services. When you visit, you can:
- Enroll in a health management program.*
- Learn about the services provided by LifeSolutions
- Talk to a health coach* about:
- Managing your weight
- Reducing your stress
- Eating healthier
- Quitting tobacco
- Being more physically active
*These benefits are only available to faculty and staff enrolled in health insurance coverage through UPMC Health Plan.
Hours: 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Medical Arts Building
3708 Fifth Avenue
5th Floor, Suite 505
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
View this site that describes the benefits for eligible pre and post 65 retirees. Learn More »
Pitt offers health insurance options for all types of students, fellows and postdocs. Learn More »