Training for Employees on COVID-19 Response is required to be completed in full of all employees at the University of Pittsburgh prior to an individual returning to campus. Those who are already working on campus will also need to complete this training.
Access the Training
Please enter your full name, your Pitt email, Responsibility Center (RC), supervisor name, and supervisor's email to begin the training. The training takes approximately 20 minutes to complete. Information about those who have completed the training will be shared with RCs, so it is vital that all requested information on the training form is accurately entered.
It is recommend that you do not use Microsoft Explorer to access the training. Please access the training from another browser such as Chrome, Firefox, or Safari.
Completion of Training
You must complete the training in full. Those who complete the training in full will receive an email that notes that they have satisfied the completion requirements. Emails of completion will be sent each Monday following the date that you have completed the training. Information about those who have completed the training will also be shared with Responsibility Center administrators.
Links from the Training
Find a list of links that are referenced in the training for additional information (links are listed in the order as shared in the training):
- COVID-19 symptoms (as defined by the CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/symptoms.html
- Underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of COVID-19 (as defined by the CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/people-at-higher-risk.html
- Handwashing technique (as provided by the World Health Organization): https://www.youtube.com/embed/3PmVJQUCm4E
- Handrubbing technique (hand sanitizer; as provided by the World Health Organization): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnSjFr6J9HI
- Daily health attestation information (Return to Campus website): https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu/return-campus/faculty-staff-and-workplace/
- Additional guidance on cleaning and disinfection products and processes at Pitt (Environmental Health & Safety website): https://www.ehs.pitt.edu/sites/default/files/docs/Disinfectant-InfoAndRecommendations.pdf
- University guidance on travel and commuting (Return to Campus website): https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu/return-campus/meetings-events-and-travel
- De-escalation techniques and reporting mechanisms for non-compliance (Return to Campus website): https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu/return-campus/faculty-staff-and-workplace
- Pitt Community Compact: https://www.coronavirus.pitt.edu/compact
If you need assistance with accessing this training, or if you need disability or other accommodations, please submit an online inquiry to the Office of Human Resources at www.hr.pitt.edu/contact-ohr.
Training for Supervisors on COVID-19 Response
Supervisors at the University of Pittsburgh are required to complete a Training for Supervisors on COVID-19 Response in addition to the Training for Employees. Information about the Training for Supervisors is available on the OHR Partners SharePoint section. If you believe that you need access to this Training for Supervisors, please contact your RC Administrator.