As the University's winter recess approaches, we want to provide a list of University designated holidays and recess days, timecard deadlines, and additional information about how staff employees should be completing their timecards during this period. As a reminder, the University's winter recess will take place from December 24, 2018 - January 1, 2019.
University Designated Holidays and Recess Days for Winter Recess
|University Designated Holidays||University Designated Recess Days|
|Monday, December 24, 2018||Wednesday, December 26, 2018|
|Tuesday, December 25, 2018||Thursday, December 27, 2018|
|Tuesday, January 1, 2019||Friday, December 28, 2018|
|Monday, December 31, 2018|
Timecard Deadlines for the Holiday/Recess weeks:
- Week of December 9 - 15: timecards must be approved by Noon on Monday, December 17
- Week of December 16 - 22: timecards must be approved by Noon on Friday, December 21
- Week of December 23 - December 29: timecards must be approved by Noon on Friday, December 28
How to Complete Timecards: Standard and Non-Standard Employees
The following is a reminder of the differences between Standard and Non-Standard employees and how this changes the completion of timecards during the winter recess:
Standard Employees: Exempt and Non-Exempt employees that work Monday - Friday, 7.5 or 8 hours per day
- Holidays are pre-populated on the timecard; however, Recess days are not.
- All Standard employees must change the 'Hours Worked' line to 'Recess,' regardless of if they work or not.
- If a Standard employee works on a Holiday/Recess day, in addition to recording 7.5 hours of Recess or Holiday on the day in which they worked, they must also enter 'Recess Worked' or 'Holiday Worked' on their timecard.
The following is an example of how the timecard should be completed for a Standard employee that did not work during the Holiday/Recess weeks:
|Hours Type||Dec. 24||Dec. 25||Dec. 26||Dec. 27||Dec. 28||Dec. 29||Dec. 30|
|Hours Type||Dec. 31||Jan. 1||Jan. 2||Jan. 3||Jan. 4||Jan. 5||Jan. 6|
|Hours Worked (or other time as appropriate)*||7.5||7.5||7.5|
*Note: Since timecards default to Hours Worked on December 26, 27, 28, and 31, the Hours Type for these dates must be changed to the 'Recess Hours' type.
Non-Standard Employees: Exempt and Non-Exempt employees that do not work Monday - Friday, 7.5 or 8 hours per day
- Holidays and Recess days will not be pre-populated on the timecard and must be manually entered.
- If a Non-Standard employee works on a Holiday/Recess day, they must enter "Recess Worked" and/or "Holiday Worked."
The following Holiday and Recess tools have been developed to assist both employees and supervisors with the completion of timecards for all possible scenarios during the Holiday/Recess weeks:
These tools are also available on all employee timecards.
For questions in regards to time keeping during the winter recess, please call the PRISM TRKS helpline at 412-383-8463 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.