Wellness is the process of making healthier, intuitive choices for a more balanced and purposeful life. It's about more than just your physical health (which is still important!); it involves every level of well-being that can help you lead and live a healthy lifestyle. To help you achieve the perfect balance of wellness in your life, we've defined eight key dimensions that we think encompass every aspect of wellness, and we aptly called them the Dimensions of Wellness.
Now we want you to show us your wellness.
We created temporary tattoos that depict all of the Dimensions of Wellness icons and paired them with some Wellness Tips to get you going. Why temporary tattoos? Because they're fun, they're conversation starters, and they allow a hands-free opportunity for you to really dig into your wellness activity.
Get up and out on a walk in the park, or deep down into the book you have been wanting to read. Meditate to find some inner-peace, or rock out at a show for your favorite musical artist.
From now until July 1, 2018, snap a pic showing us your related wellness activity with the Dimensions of Wellness temporary tattoo visible. Post it to Instagram, add the hashtag #PittWellness, and follow us @pitt_hr. Enter to win a prize. Achieve your perfect balance and take part in the #PittWellness Challenge today!
It's easy to show us your wellness!
- Pick up a Wellness Tip (complete with a temporary tattoo of one of the Dimensions of Wellness) at one of this year's Open Enrollment Benefits Fairs, the MyHealth@Work Health and Wellness Center or at various places on campus. (Can't find tips where you are? Let us know!)
- Now, show us your wellness! Apply the temporary tattoo and take a pic with your Dimension clearly visible. While it's not necessary to actually put the temporary tattoo on your skin (you can also pin it to your clothes), you will get cool points* if you do.
- Post your image to Instagram and include the hashtag #PittWellness.
- Follow OHR on Instagram @pitt_hr.
- That's it! Get creative (we have a prize category for that!) and show us your wellness!
Some things to keep in mind:
- You must use the hashtag #PittWellness, be following OHR on Instagram @pitt_hr, and have the Dimension temporary tattoo visible in your photo for your entry to be considered valid.
- Your image must be included on a regular post and not part of a Story.
- Your Instagram account must be public. Private posts will not show up under the hashtag on Instagram, so we won't be able to see your entry if your account is private.
- Multiple entries are accepted, but you MUST be showing a different Dimension of Wellness in each photo.
- You are encouraged to show multiple Dimensions of Wellness in one picture if you can (we have a prize category for that, too).
Don't have an Instagram account? Learn how to create one.
*Cool points are not redeemable and do not give you an advantage over others for winning a prize.
The #PittWellness Challenge runs through July 1, 2018. Prize winners will be selected and notified during the week of July 2, 2018.
Categories and Prizes
Up to five (5) winners will be selected for a $25 gift card to the University Store.
Winners will be selected based on five (5) categories:
- Most "likes" on a photo (show us your social media savvy)
- Most Dimensions of Wellness represented in a photo (each temporary tattoo must be visible)
- Best/most creative temporary tattoo location (within reason; don't break any rules for us)
- Best Dimensions of Wellness activity represented (the sky is the limit, perhaps literally--get creative!)
- Most people with temporary tattoos in one photo (your office wants temporary tattoos, trust us)
The Fine Print
To be considered for a prize, you must be current faculty or staff (including All-Temps) at the University of Pittsburgh. However, we encourage anyone who comes across a Dimension of Wellness to post their photo.
Prize winners will be considered the person who owns the Instagram account that posted the photo.
University department/office Instagram accounts are encouraged to participate! We will DM you if we have any questions about your photo.
By sharing your photo on Instagram, you give the Office of Human Resources (OHR) and the University of Pittsburgh permission and consent to repost or share your image for promotional purposes, including on social media and the OHR website. Reposting or sharing your image is not an endorsement, and you will not be monetized for the use of your image or likeness. By sharing your photo, you release the University of Pittsburgh, its employees, and agents from any and all claims of harm or otherwise that may occur from showing, using, or distributing your image in print, electronic, or other methods.
If you have additional questions about the #PittWellness Challenge, rules, other details, or just need some Wellness Tips sent to your office, please email the OHR Comms Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.