Effective April 17, 2020: Review this update to the employee hiring controls. Learn more.
In response to inquiries and concerns as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Office of Human Resources is sharing these updates with regards to hiring and onboarding:
- As of March 16, no hiring freeze: All-Temps, staff, and students will continue to be hired until otherwise noted.
- Supervisors/managers should coordinate alternative onboarding plan for new hires: Please coordinate an alternative onboarding plan for your new hire, including a remote work schedule, flexible work arrangements, personal contact information from you as the supervisor to answer questions, etc. This includes candidates whose offers were made or are in the queue to be made with future start dates.
- Essential personnel: If your new hire is essential personnel, please notify Lisa Garland, Director of Talent Acquisition, at email@example.com as soon as possible to escalate the hiring process.
- Modified orientation: Talent Acquisition has developed a modified virtual orientation for both All-Temps and staff hires. Recruiters are responsible for contacting their new hire and supervisor/manager directly to communicate this change and to answer any questions.
- Compliance regulations still applicable: Individuals continue to be held responsible for criminal background checks, education and I-9 verifications, and Child Protection Clearances. If you have questions about processing these items, please submit an inquiry online.
We appreciate your patience during this time. If you have any questions, please contact OHR.