The University of Pittsburgh's Office of Human Resources has partnered with Carnegie Mellon University to make Carnegie Mellon’s Full-Day On-Campus Proctoring Program available to children of Pitt faculty, staff, and students on a temporary basis. The program is open to such children in grades 1 through 6 who are currently enrolled in online schooling. The service will be available to the Pitt families beginning a January 19, 2021 at Posner Center on Carnegie Mellon's Pittsburgh campus.
The partnership launched in response to feedback from faculty and staff who have requested additional flexibility and support for their school-aged children throughout the COVID-19 pandemic.
Details of the Proctoring Service
- Cost: $5 per hour
- The University will direct-bill Pitt families that utilize this service.
- Hours of service: Mondays through Fridays, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Drop-off: 8:00 - 8:45 a.m.
- Pick-up: 2:45 - 3:30 p.m.
- Minimum/maximum days/hours per week:
- Minimum: one day (or, 7.5 hours per week)
- Maximum: five days (or, 37.5 hours per week)
- Location: Posner Center (located on Carnegie Mellon's Pittsburgh campus, between the College of Fine Arts and Posner Hall, facing Margaret Morrison Carnegie Hall and the tennis courts)
- Service start date: January 19, 2021
- Eligible children: Children in grades 1 through 6 who are currently enrolled in online schooling
Note: This service is not part of the University of Pittsburgh's University Child Development Center (UCDC) or Carnegie Mellon University's Cyert Center for Early Childhood Education program.
Capacity is limited and approval will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis to families requesting care five days per week, followed by those requesting care three to four days per week. If there is remaining capacity, it will be granted to families requesting one to two days per week.
You must complete Carnegie Mellon's registration process for participation in the program prior to scheduling a day and time. After your registration is complete and approved, you will receive a link to schedule your desired day(s) and time(s).
- Complete these forms (please download the forms prior to filling them out and signing them):
- Child Care Registration Form (also services as an emergency contact form)
- Enrollment Form (outlines costs and related fees and policies)
- Pitt Billing Agreement (outlines the terms for billing)
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet and Disclosure (acknowledges agreement with detailed safety protocols)
- Technology Information Form (gathers information about the child's technology)
- Scan the completed and signed forms and email to email@example.com.
- Completed forms will be reviewed and processed.
- The University of Pittsburgh will confirm eligibility based on your status as a Pitt affiliate. The University will grant approval on a first-come, first-served basis to families requesting care five days per week, followed by those requesting care three to four days per week. If there is remaining capacity, it will be granted to families requesting one to two days per week.
- Once reviewed and processed, you will receive confirmation of successful registration via email from Carnegie Mellon University along with a link to schedule your desired day(s) and time(s). You must schedule at least 48 hours in advance. For example, to enroll your child for a Friday session, you must schedule before 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday.
University of Pittsburgh faculty, staff, or students that have questions about this proctoring service should email firstname.lastname@example.org.