Childcare and education resources are available for parents and caregivers who may be in search of quality childcare options or whom are juggling remote schooling for their dependents.
Childcare Resources Webinar Recording
A webinar of childcare resources and tools took place on September 1, 2020 for University employees. This webinar was hosted by Trying Together, the Early Learning Resource Center Region 5, and the Allegheny Partners for Out-of-School Time. Review a recording of the webinar (via Pitt Passport).
Allegheny Child Care Finder Tool
The Allegheny Child Care Finder Tool (find.alleghenychildcare.org) assists parents and caregivers of young children in searching for available childcare locations at all Allegheny County early learning, after-school, out-of-school, summer camp, and virtual programs in real time. The tool includes helpful resources on availability, cost, location, and accreditations to assist caregivers in finding the best available resource that works for them.
Find a variety of resources for childcare, education, and other needs:
- Trying Together: A southwestern Pennsylvania nonprofit that supports high-quality care and education for young children by providing advocacy, community resources, and professional growth opportunities for the needs and rights of children, their families, and the individuals who interact with them.
Trying Together's website includes a variety of resources for caregivers about how to find childcare, information about community learning hubs, and other helpful tools.
- Early Learning Resource Center (ELRC) Region 5: Within Allegheny County, the ELRC provides a single point-of-contact for families, early learning service providers, and communities to gain information and access services that support high-quality child care and early learning programs.
- Allegheny Partners for Out-of-School Time (APOST): An initiative of the United Way of Southwestern PA, APOST helps connect families, children, and youth to a network of high-quality afterschool and summer programs that foster personal growth and learning.
- Bridge to Learn: Bridge to Learn (Bridge to Summer) connects families to summer learning opportunities across the region so that every child can flourish all year round.
- YMCA: The YMCA has some seats at their centers available as well as scholarship opportunities. Learn more about the services offered.
- Boys and Girls Clubs: Families can join waiting lists for Clubs across the area. Learn more about the services offered.