As a Pitt employee, your department may have many exciting opportunities to travel abroad. However, preparing for these adventures can be overwhelming, especially when it comes to protecting your health. Fortunately, a new travel health service, Comprehensive Medication Management (CMM) for Global Travel, is now available to all full and part-time regular University faculty and staff with UPMC Health Plan coverage.
University employees who utilize this benefit will receive a personalized plan that includes:
- Suggested vaccines and medications that should be used prior or during travel including pricing and information on where to obtain
- Information about how to prevent diseases that may affect you while traveling
- Treatment recommendations for altitude sickness, jet lag, motion sickness, sun exposure, insect bites, and more
- General tips to help you manage your chronic illnesses, disabilities, and food safety abroad
- Best practices for traveling internationally with your medications
Use one of the following methods to schedule a travel health consultation with a pharmacist:
*Prior to your scheduled appointment, you will be asked to complete a travel health intake form. Access the form here. Please note that once the travel health intake form is completed, return it to email@example.com. The pharmacist will need at least one day to review the information prior to your scheduled appointment.