|Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST
100 Craig Hall
The University of Pittsburgh Office of Human Resources is located in Craig Hall, at 200 South Craig Street, on the corner of Henry and South Craig.
Metered parking is available around our building as well as a number of pay lots nearby.
About Our Office
The Office of Student Employment (OSE) is part of Pitt's Department of Human Resources. OSE assists and guides degree-seeking students through the job search and placement process.
Specifically, the Office of Student Employment:
- Provides students with access to job opportunities on campus.
- Provides departments effective services to facilitate the hiring of students to meet their part-time employment needs.
- Familiarizes and educates student employers and employees with the practices and procedures of student employment at the University of Pittsburgh, assuring that all institutional, governmental (state and federal) guidelines and requirements are met.
- Ensures student work assignments are processed accurately and in a timely manner.
Our goals are:
- To exceed our students’ and employers’ expectations for our services.
- To assist students in earning money to finance their education.
- To broaden students’ classroom education with work skills that will complement their course of study.
- To educate and assist employers in their role as student supervisors.
- To provide administrative support to employers.
- To help students refine their unique talents and explore their career options.
The Office of Student Employment provides job opportunities to all students regardless of sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, race, or creed.