The major responsibilities of the Labor Relations office are to negotiate, administer and interpret the various collective bargaining agreements at the University of Pittsburgh. This office provides assistance with issues such as:
- Job bids/seniority
- Coordination of benefits administration
- Coordination of compliance with payroll/benefit matters
- Leaves of absence
- Disciplinary Issues
- Job assignments/reassignments
- Technology/equipment changes
- Amendments to work schedules and classifications
In addition, the Labor Relations office assists University administrators by developing both short and long range labor relations strategies, investigating and responding to grievances and other complaints, and developing and presenting workforce training.
Pitt's benefits offerings are among the region's best, including a medical plan with no deductibles, tuition remission, life insurance, optional dental and vision coverage, a contributory retirement plan, and more.